Look who's Pregnant!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, September 25, 2010

9th week in GA

Friday night Ryan and I went to dinner at McCollum Airport in Kennesaw.  They have a restaurant there called Elevation Chophouse and SkyBar that over looks the runway.  Unfortunately, no planes took off or landed while we were there but it was a neat experience none the less.  Ryan claims one plane took off right when we arrived, but I do not believe him.  My mom used to tell me that when she was younger she would go on dates to airports and watch planes take off and land... I thought that sounded ridiculous at the time, but now I've done it. =)

Afterword, we attempted to go roller skating at a place called Sparkles.  Do you know it costs $13.50 per person to go roller skating?!?!?  And everyone in there was approximately 10 years old, except for two teenagers who were in the middle of the rink dancing robotic style to In the Ayer by Flo Rider.  One guy was actually pretty good.  So we left, and instead went to the movies and saw "The Town" with Ben Affleck. 

Today I went to Saturday morning tennis and Ryan pulled out the big W.  Every time I go to tennis, there are 70 new people to meet, who are all best friends with Ryan.  Ok, not 70 but always 5-10 new people.  Players and their wives, girlfriends, parents, and children.  This group all went to high school together, so they've known each other forever, and they are one of the most genuinely respectful, caring, fun, and supportive group of people with each other that I have ever witnessed.  While they are all super friendly and inclusive to me, it makes me miss MY friends :(

On Wednesday I went to a woman's house in Alpharetta and interviewed for a nannying/babysitting position.  She wants someone on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 8:30-12:30.  I didn't realize how far away she lived from me though (30 miles), which during morning rush hour traffic would take me over an hour to get there.  So I pulled my name out of the hat for that job, but did offer to sit if she ever needed someone just randomly or in a pinch.  This afternoon I went to a couple's house to interview for a nannying/babysitting position here in Woodstock.  Their house is a good 20 minutes away, but they are only looking for one night a week, and one weekend night every other weekend. So we will see...  I'd really like to spend more time tutoring.  The pay is awesome, the work is minimal, and the time commitment is also minimal.  But my girl leaves for NYC for rehearsal after this week.  So I have two more weeks total with her:  this week, and the very last week in October, in between rehearsal being done and when the tour of her musical actually starts.

I stopped by Jason and Stephanie's tonight.  I needed to return my garage door opener I had of theirs, and pick up some mail that had come for me.  I was hoping it was a care package full of goodies, or maybe just a "hey how are you?" card, or maybe a random envelope full of scratch off lottery tickets, but no.  It was just something stupid from my school ;)  Jason had just gotten done making some chili and invited to me to eat.  Since I do not turn down invitations to eat, I gladly accepted.  It was really good, and made me miss the home cooked meals I used to enjoy there!

After that I went up to Canton, GA where the RiverFest arts and crafts festival was happening.  Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, I had just eaten at Jason's so I couldn't mow down a bunch of fair food.  I bought some kettle corn to take home, and a present for one of my cousins' kids.  As I was leaving, this guy yelled at me to come try some "gator".  I laughed, said "no thanks", and kept walking.  When I was driving home I regretted my hasty decision.  I should've tried the gator!!!  I mean c'mon!  When or where else am I going to be offered gator???  Next time someone offers me gator, I'm in!

2 comments: