When I learned that Ryan was going to be in Montgomery last week, and he is in Orlando this week, I emailed the Square Dealers Club and tried to gracefully bow out.
Hi Angie,
I wanted to let you know that Ryan and I are not going to be able to complete the lessons. We've already missed 2 weeks due to his work schedule and it looks like we would be missing this week and next as well. Unfortunately, he has been traveling a lot lately!
Also, can you please give a message to Al and his wife for us? They were going to be our angels at class tomorrow night, but like I said, we will not be able to make it. I know Al's wife doesn't come every week, and I don't want her to make a special trip out to class thinking that she has a partner all set up.
Thanks Angie! We've really enjoyed the lessons and meeting all the people. We are definitely bummed that we can't commit the way we know a student needs to be able to. Maybe next time when your lessons start up again?
Thanks,
Courtney
I wanted to let you know that Ryan and I are not going to be able to complete the lessons. We've already missed 2 weeks due to his work schedule and it looks like we would be missing this week and next as well. Unfortunately, he has been traveling a lot lately!
Also, can you please give a message to Al and his wife for us? They were going to be our angels at class tomorrow night, but like I said, we will not be able to make it. I know Al's wife doesn't come every week, and I don't want her to make a special trip out to class thinking that she has a partner all set up.
Thanks Angie! We've really enjoyed the lessons and meeting all the people. We are definitely bummed that we can't commit the way we know a student needs to be able to. Maybe next time when your lessons start up again?
Thanks,
Courtney
But they would not let us quit. We are the youngest people in the lessons, and apparently they love us! Here is the response I got:
Dear Courtney and Ryan
I discussed your email with Louis (President of KSD). We would like to propose something to you, we think you are a super couple and would love to have you finish lessons and join our club. I understand the difficulties of having to travel due to your job, my job requires the same. What I would like to offer to you is getting some angels to meet maybe on the weekend and help you keep up with the class when Ryan has to travel. We could have 6 angels work with you and Ryan an hour or two. I think you are doing such a great job in class and with a little extra help we think we could keep you up with the class. I don't want to pressure you to continue if you think the demands of Ryan's job will continue to keep you out of the Thursday nite class but if we could help you a week here and there we think we can make it work. Also, if you can come to class when Ryan is gone that would help keep you up with the class. Let me know if you are interested in this option and I will start working on a place and angels to help.
Angie
Then, Angie and I got this email:
Courtney & Angie,
Good morning ladies! I live approximately 3 miles from the Community Center in a sub-division called Howell Farms. We have a clubhouse that is available most any time. As President of the homeowner association (L), I have the keys and can used it when needed. It’s a great place for us to meet.
Louis
So after all these emails, Ryan actually made it back in time for Square Dancing last week. And it looks like he will be back from Orlando just in time this week. So we tried to quit, but they would not let us, and onward we square dance. Do si do baby...
No comments:
Post a Comment