Kelly almost didn’t make it…
Kelly, Haley, and Christy Z were supposed to arrive in St.
Augustine, FL at 9:30am on Saturday morning.
Saturday morning I woke up to two texts.
One was at 5 something am from Kelly, stating that she had some weird
illness, Christy didn’t have a seat on the flight, and they weren’t going to
let them board the plane. Around 6
something am I had a text from Haley saying “We are seriously off schedule and
don’t know when we’ll be there.”
When I woke up around 9am I called Kelly’s cell phone. She answered, and said she was somewhere in
Indianapolis at a hospital, by herself. Kelly
said she started feeling dizzy at the airport, was seeing black spots, got
really hot, and felt better when she went to the bathroom. I told her that sounds like when I’m having
anxiety. She said she wasn’t diagnosed
yet but the doctors had run a million tests and all came back with
nothing. The last test they were waiting
on was a urinary tract infection.
Kelly was apparently down an all fours at the terminal when
they finally called the paramedics. The
paramedics said they would not let Kelly board the plane until she saw a
doctor, so she left by ambulance to a hospital.
At this time, they had found Christy a seat on the plane, but they all
missed the flight due to Kelly and her condition.
Haley stayed at the airport because she was my violinist for
the wedding. She said she felt like she
had to go. Christy and Haley got assigned
new flights from Indy to North Carolina to Jacksonville. At this time, none of them knew if Kelly
would even be making the wedding.
THE BEST PART ABOUT THIS STORY: Kelly arrived in Florida before Haley and
Christy!!!!! The doctors diagnosed her
with a caffeine induced panic attack, a nurse drove her back to the airport,
and she flew from Indy to Washington DC to Jacksonville and arrived before the
other two did! Hahahahahahahah
Food…
The entire bottom tier of my cake was not cut into. Luckily I had a full size fridge in my room
so we took it back there. I had planned
on taking it on the pirate ship, but I forgot to do so. So Monday morning I still had a huge,
untouched cake in my fridge that I needed to do something with. After working at Papa’s Pantry, I did NOT want
any good food to go to waste!!! Ryan’s
uncle Marshall only had a 2 hour drive back to his house so I asked him if he
wanted to take it into his office the next day.
He said he would. He later
decided, unbeknownst to me, that it would melt before he got it home. So he and his daughter took it to a nearby
homeless shelter and gave it to them.
They were so excited to receive it!
It was Memorial Day and they have lots of Vets staying with them and
they said this would be a great way to celebrate! That made me feel really good.
After the pirate ship, we had even more food left over. There were a ridiculous amount of huge trays
of everything from veggies, fruit, cold cuts, and cheese, to finger sandwiches
and shrimp! Again, I did not want
anything to go to waste. I tried pawning
off trays too all our guests, but no one had full size fridges like we
did. A few people took trays but we
still had 5-7 left. We kept them in our fridge
overnight, and then I insisted Ryan and DJ Jason walk them around down town
until they found homeless people to give them to, which they did. This made me very happy again.
The Wedding…
The wedding was perfect – no problems, no hiccups, no
nothing. I couldn’t have asked for anything
to have gone differently =)
No comments:
Post a Comment