I teach special education 8th grade math at JJ Daniell Middle School in Cobb County. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHO THOUGHT THAT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA? Because I can assure you, it's not.
My first day I confiscated one cell phone, kicked one kid out, and wrote 7 strikes. They have a strike system at this school, and two strikes earns a kid a silent and secluded lunch. I only have 6 kids in the one class I teach all alone. They talk, laugh, interrupt, whine, disrupt, and do not follow instructions on the first directive. FUN. When they are silent, they are bored out of their mind, because, let's face it - middle school math is not the most fun thing to partake in. I don't even like it.
Then, I get the pleasure of NOT having a duty free lunch. I have to walk a class of 30 students whom I do not know, into the cafeteria, sit in the cafeteria to monitor them, and then escort these kids back to their 4th hour class. That is my lunch. No potty breaks - mandatory supervision.
My afternoons are spent in the class of Mr. Rowell. He is a general education math teacher, who is also a high school football coach. Enough said.
Well that's all I'll say about my new job for now... I'm sure there will be more later.
Ahhh....brings back fond memories of when I worked at John Young. I will pray for you!
ReplyDeleteAmy
Sounds worse than jyms!
ReplyDeletepoopy poo... ;(
ReplyDelete