***************
Tonight I went on a second date with Seumus. We went to an improv comedy event in the ghetto.
Before we left, I met him at his apartment. I walked in and it was such a mess. There was incense burning, two cats, a huge weight lifting apparatus, and about four computers. Random laundry was everywhere, several blinds were bent backwards, stuff was out everywhere on the counters and tables, no decorations, the dishwasher was running, etc. I just immediately thought, "I can't believe he let me in here".
When we left and I got into his car, I got a whole other view of how this guy lives. His apartment was at least not dirty. VERY ridiculously messy, but not dirty per se. His car, however, was filthy. He had leather seats that were ripped to shreds in some parts with stuffing spewing out. There were random cigarette butts in various places around the car (none being in the ashtray). There was such a thick layer of ash coating the entire inside of the car that I couldn't believe it. There were weeks worth of parking passes from various places sitting on his dash that had accumulated for who knows how long. I don't think his vehicle has EVER been cleaned. I was speechless that again, he even let me near his car.
So that kind of set the tone for me for the evening. The improv place we went to was no where near as funny as the one I went to with Kim last weekend. He wanted to go out for a drink after that but I declined. I'm still not feeling 100%...it kind of comes and goes in waves of me feeling fine and then not feeling good at all.
But never fear - tomorrow I have a date with Keith from Atlanta for the first time =)

No comments:
Post a Comment